Thursday, September 4, 2008

Republicans are Stupid

I am so hooked on the presidential election. I listen to NPR, read blogs, articles, and op-eds about it, and force myself to swallow the bile rising in my throat in order to watch the Republican National Convention.

Republicans are stupid.
Their Botox doctor must have slipped a few times and sent the needle directly into their brains. They've set up a tanning mist booth backstage so all the old people look more orange (not less old). I think the whole thing is so produced, so gimmicky. God, it's so staged!

Last night Cindy McCain was holding Sarah Palin's 5 month old son with Down Syndrome - best prop ever! Best drugged prop ever, I'm sure. No babies are the sleepy and silent in a roaring crowd of people chanting "USA" and "Drill Now!" Also, another highlight was when the baby's 6-8 year old sister licked her hand, top to bottom, so she could smooth his hair out. What a nice, long lick for democracy.

Sarah Palin doesn't believe global warming exists. How can you deny our presence on the earth for hundreds of years has had an effect on the atmosphere? Have you seen the exhaust coming out of the car you so proudly drove to work after you fired previous governor of Alaska's driver? It matters.

She also did a lot of winking. She's kind of like a cowboy but not a good cowboy. A cowboy that won't even buy your land from you before she starts drilling. A cowboy that will shot your dog (but not abort your baby) and take it.

Finally, I don't appreciate her mocking tone especially regarding Obama's work as a community organizer who "has no real responsibilities". I think she needs to get off her high horse, or high moose, and recognize the responsibility we all have to work with communities in need.

Read this, it's funny:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/opinion/31dowd.html



No comments: