Saturday, October 11, 2008

Whhyyyy-eeee

If I make responsible choices, can't the world reciprocate?

Today, for example, I decided to come into work to get a few things done. Yay. When I was ready to leave work and have a regular Saturday afternoon the world said "NO!". The trains aren't running. I am stuck. Stuck at work. It's not even cool like if I worked at a mall and I got stranded there I would be able to eat some food, try on some clothes, slide on my knees in the halls, swim in the fountain and even sleep on a pillow top mattress at Macy's if it came to that. But no, instead I am here, in a box with no windows. To make matters less enjoyable, I forgot my cell phone this morning so not only do I have no one to talk to but I also can't go outside to hang out because I have to stay here, by my desk phone, so when someone who can give me a ride calls back I'll be here. No phone, no windows, no regular Saturday afternoon.

Also, while I have you here, I want to tell you about something I've been considering. Why do people always say newborn babies are so beautiful. I mean, I guess life is beautiful but newborns are not. They look weird, let's be real. I'm just tired of all these Facebook comments on everyone's pictures of their slimy kids. "Oh, she's beautiful!". Nu-uh dude, you're baby looks like a little raisin. I think babies are cute, sure, but I'll judge people in my mind if they ever tell me (in the future) that my little worm (baby) is beautiful. Well, until later when it will be. Beautiful. Later.

Boooooo. Boooooooooooo.

Last night I went to see Mike Birbiglia. He might be reading this right now since I wrote his name - he gets Google alerts when he's mentioned on the internet. Hi Mike. It was funny. Really funny. Seeing comedy is great because strangers are laughing together. It's very uniting. Maybe a comedian should run for president. I would vote for Mike if he ran for the presidential office - but he won't. He has anxiety.

Actually, I may have to retract my previous statement about voting for a comedian running for president, at least not right now. Hellooo, the world is falling apart. I need someone who can fix it and, even though laughter may be the best medicine, I'm not sure that's what I have in mind. Also Barack Obama is going to be the next president. Yes, he is. Oh, also Barack Obama was in Philadelphia today but I didn't get to see him because I was at work. Yep, still at work. Still stuck at work. I'm stuck here. At work. Stuck. Fuck.

You know, this is great though. All of these things I would be saying out loud if there was anyone here but, really, who needs to hear what I'm saying? I don't even know if anyone is reading what I'm saying. But that is the beauty of my blog - I can say whatever I want, get it all out there, without needing anyone else around.

Mission accomplished. Now if only I could get home...

I'm going to watch clips of Weekend Update online. Bye.

No comments: