Sometimes I feel like Sarah Palin. Normally these feelings wash over me when I am being asked a lot of really hard questions and lots of people are looking at me. Fortunately for me, hard questions are "can you tell me about the fine arts department?" and lots of people usually means about 10 most of which may or may not be 18 yet.
I can't even watch her interviews. She stumbles and chokes on words and my ears burn out of embarrassment for her, like when a friend does a really bad job in a high school talent show. I'm glad I don't have to comfort Sarah Palin, though - I just get to talk shit about her like everyone else these days. I'm glad the Sarah Palin train is now a shit talking train and not a supportive train. I'm glad people in this country, and even in her own party, are recognizing she isn't ready for the White House. Nothing personal. You tried your best. You just were a little flat when you sang the bridge from "You are the Wind Beneath My Wings" (high school talent show).
I wonder if she misses her old life, before she was discovered at a mall in Alaska.
Will she get to keep all her new shoes?
My job requires me to talk for an hour straight during information sessions. It is really hard to talk for an hour. Based on the premise of this blog, you might think it would be easy for a person like me to talk, talk, talk. Really, you'd be right. The difference is that it's not as easy to talk about something specific that requires many details. However, my ability to talk, talk, talk does come in handy when I'm trying to string sentences together so I can make it to the next topic. Words just fall out of my mouth while my brain works to remember what I'm supposed to say. Thanks, tongue, you sure are good at what you do.
Doesn't that seem like it could be taken out of Sarah Palin's diary? Maybe I should go into politics, too.
Schadenfreude
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment